- The NEET (UG) is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) since 2019 with the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Human Resource Development (which is now known as the Ministry of Education), in pursuance of the direction of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India vide Judgement dated 22.11. 2018 in C.A. No. 11230 of 2018 in the matter of CBSE Vs. T.K. Rangarajan & Ors. (Para 22).
- NEET (UG) has been a qualifying entrance exam since 2020 for admission to the MBBS/BDS courses in AIIMS and JIPMER (although such Medical Institutions are governed under separate Statutes), as per the proviso under Section 14 (1) of the NMC Act (2019).
- The NEET (UG) – 2022 is going to be conducted by NTA as per the Schedule given in the Information at a Glance for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS Courses as per the relevant norms/guidelines/regulations notified by the concerned Regulatory Bodies.
- He/she has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the first year of the Undergraduate Medical Course.
Accordingly, the lower age limit shall be as under:
For Candidates of General (UR)/ General-EWS born on or before 31.12.2005 For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwBD Category
- Upper age limit: As per Letter No. U-11022/2/2022-UGMEB, dated 09 March 2022 received from National Medical Commission (NMC), Under Graduate Medical Education Board (UGMEB) regarding the upper age limit, that there should be no upper age limit as decided in the fourth NMC meeting held on 21 October 2021.
- Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify for NEET (UG).
Criteria for NRI/ OCI/ Foreign Nationals:
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions, and the Government of India, as the case may be. The NRI and OCI Applicants/ Candidates have to upload a Certificate from the concerned Indian Diplomatic Mission in the country of their residence in support of their claim as an NRI/ OCI Candidate, along with their online Application Form for NEET (UG) – 2022 and retain the original of such document for producing it at the ime of Counselling/ Admission to the Courses covered under NEET (UG). Similarly, a foreign applicant for NEET (UG) 2022 shall also upload Documentary Proof (e.g. relevant pages of a valid passport or a Certificate from the Competent Authority in the country of his/her nationality regarding his/her citizenship status) in support of his/her Nationality, along with online Application Form. The Embassy Certificate and Citizenship Certificate or any Documentary proof of Citizenship are given in Annexures – XIV A and XIV B. Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental/ College/State.
- Eligibility of OCI cardholders for NEET (UG):
The Ministry of Home Affairs vide Notification dated 4 March 2021 specified the rights to which an OCI cardholder shall be entitled under the Citizenship Act, 1955.
Clause (4) (ii) of the said Notification reads as under:
“(4) parity with Non-Resident Indians in the matter of,-
(ii) appearing for the all India entrance tests such as National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, Joint Entrance Examination (Mains), Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced), or such other tests to make them eligible for admission only against any Non-Resident Indian seat or any supernumerary seat:
Provided that the OCI cardholder shall not be eligible for admission against any seat reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.”
The above Notification provides the following Explanation:
“The OCI Cardholder (including a PIO card holder) is a foreign national holding passport of a foreign country and is not a citizen of India.”
Similarly, the PIO cardholder and foreign nationals shall not be eligible for admission against any seat reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.
Mode of Application: Online
|Category of Candidate||In India (Fee in Rs.)||Outside India (Fee in Rs.)|
|General||Rs. 1600/-||Rs. 8500/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD/ Third Gender||Rs. 900/-|
|Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
Mode of Payment: Online
For Applying: Click Here
Mode of Exam: Offline
|Sl. No||Subjects||Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|‘-1’ negative marking for incorrect answers|
|Online Submission of Application Form||06 April 2022 to 20 May 2022 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/ Debit Card/ Net-Banking/UPI/ Paytm||20 May 2022 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|Date of Examination||17 July 2022 (Sunday)|
|Centre, Date, and Shift of NEET (UG) – 2022 Examination||As indicated on Admit Card|
|Declaration of Result on NTA website||To be announced later on the website|