Admission to Post Graduate Courses in Dental Surgery (MDS) Kerala 2021 Notification Released
- Applications and options are invited from the candidates who have qualified in the NEET MDS 2021 for admission to MDS Courses for the year 2021 to the State Quota seats in the Government Dental Colleges in Kerala and to all the seats available in the Self Financing Dental colleges in Kerala.
- Academic: Applicant should possess a BDS degree from an approved Dental College and duly awarded by any one of the Universities in Kerala or duly recognized by the Government of India as equivalent there to under the Indian Dentists Act, 1948 and should have obtained permanent registration from the Kerala State Dental Council after passing the final BDS examination or its equivalent there to with eligibility for full Registration in Kerala State Dental Council in all respects. Applicants who have completed or will complete one year (12 months) Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship (CRRI) as per DCI regulations in an approved/recognized Dental College on or before 31-03-2021 are eligible to apply. The condition of one year Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship is not applicable to those candidates who had passed their final BDS Examination on or before 1988 and hold a BDS Degree from a Dental College recognized by the Dental Council of India and have obtained provisional or permanent registration from the Kerala State Dental Council. Admission to the candidate will be given only on the production of the registration of Kerala State Dental Council in original.
- Nativity: Applicants should have satisfied any of the following conditions:
i) Be an Indian Citizen of Kerala Origin.
ii) Candidates, who are sons/ daughters of Non-Keralite parents and have obtained BDS degree from any of the Dental Colleges in Kerala State. But they will not be eligible for communal/ special reservation benefits.
- Age: There is no upper age limit for General Quota candidates. For service quota candidate the age limit will be subjected to the conditions mentioned in the approved prospectus
- Qualifying Criteria: All candidates including Service candidates seeking admission to Post Graduate Dental courses in the State of Kerala for the academic year 2021-22 shall have to qualify the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate Dental Courses (NEET MDS-2021) conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi and should figure in the rank list prepared by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
In order to be eligible for admission to any Post Graduate Dental course in 2021-22 it shall be necessary for candidates including those who apply under Service category should obtain a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in the NEET MDS 2021. However in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC), the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of physically disabled candidates under general category, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile and that of SC/ ST/SEBC category, the minimum marks shall be 40th percentile.
Mode of Application: Online
- For General and Service Quota Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST candidates: Rs. 500/-
Mode of Payment: Online
For Applying: Click Here
Documents and Certificates to be uploaded along with the Online application:
- Nativity Proof and Date of Birth Proof: All candidates should upload Nativity Proof and Date of Birth Proof along with the Online application.
- Other Certificates/ Documents for Communal/ Special Reservation
- Candidates claiming reservation under Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) and Other Eligible Communities (OEC) should upload the NonCreamy Layer Certificate for State Govt. Education purpose obtained from the Village Officer. Those OEC candidates who do not come under Non-Creamy Layer Category should upload the Community Certificate obtained from the Village Officer for availing fee concession.
- Candidates claiming reservation under Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) should upload the Community Certificate obtained from the Tahsildar. Candidates claiming SC/ ST reservation who are children of Inter-caste married couple of whom one is SC/ ST, should upload the Inter-Caste marriage Certificate from the Tahsildar and Extract of First standard school admission register showing the caste/ community, and the relevant page of secondary school leaving certificate in addition to the Community Certificate stated above. If the candidate is not from the Kerala SSLC stream, relevant page of the School Leaving Certificate of the parents should be uploaded. SC/ST claims in respect of candidates whose parents were natives of other states but migrated to the State of Kerala should be supported with additional documents to prove that they had migrated to this state before 1950.
- Candidates eligible for the seats reserved for Economically Weaker Sections in general category (EWS) should upload the EWS certificate obtained from the Village Officer in the prescribed format.
- Candidates belonging to Communities who are eligible for educational concessions as is given to OEC should upload the Community and Income Certificates from the Village Officer. But those who have uploaded Non-Creamy Layer Certificate for claiming the applicable reservation need to upload the Income Certificate only for availing the fee concession.
- Candidates who are children of Inter-Caste married couples of whom one is SC/ST will be eligible for educational and monetary benefits admissible to SC/ST. Such candidates should upload Inter-Caste marriage Certificate from the Tahsildar. Children of Inter-caste married couple with either the father or mother belonging to a community included in SEBC list, or with father and mother belonging to different communities, both of which are included in the SEBC list, are eligible for reservation under SEBC Such candidates should upload a Non-Creamy Layer certificate specifying the community of the candidate from the Village Officer in the prescribed proforma.
- Candidates (except SC/ST/OEC) including General category who are desirous of being considered for any fee concession/scholarship/any other benefits based on annual family income should upload the Income Certificate obtained from the Village Officer to the online application.
- Candidates who want to take admission under Minority quota (Christian/Muslim) seats available in the Self-financing Dental colleges having Minority status, should upload the community certificate from the Village Officer concerned for availing the claim. The Candidates who have uploaded Non-creamy layer certificate need not upload the community certificate.
NRI Documents to be Uploaded:
- Copy of Passport and Visa/ Green Card/OCI documents of their respective sponsors. The job of the Sponsor should be mentioned in any of the above documents.
- In case, the employment of the sponsor is not mentioned in the above documents, the candidate has to produce the employment certificate of the sponsor attested by the Embassy.
- The visa of the Sponsor should be valid till the closing date of admission of PG Dental course for the year 2021.
- The certificates clearly establishing the relationship of the sponsor with the candidate, which shall be obtained from the Revenue Authorities as per G.O.(MS)No.243/2014/H&FWD dated 06.08.2014.
- However, the relationship between the candidate and his/her father/mother, which are recorded in the educational certificates, maintained in the usual course of transactions by the competent authorities shall be accepted.
- A sworn affidavit from the sponsor in a stamp paper worth Rs. 200/-. The same shall also be notarized by the notary public, disclosing that the student is dependant of the sponsor and all the expenses, tuition fee and special fee of the candidate for the entire course period will be borne by the sponsor.
- The sponsor should be an Indian Citizen/ Overseas citizen of India/ Person of Indian Origin and relevant documents to prove the same.
|Option Registration for 1st Phase of Allotment from
|Option Registration for 1st Phase of Allotment till
|05/10/2021, 5 PM
|Allotment will be published on