- The Government of India has established IISERs at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati to integrate and promote interdisciplinary science education and research.
- Over the years IISERs have been successfully attracting talented young minds. An overarching goal of the IISERs is to enable students to shape the nation by inventing and implementing sustainable solutions for societal problems through research in science.
- This is being achieved by our faculty of international repute together with bright students. In a short span of time IISERs have generated an incredible amount of intellectual property in the form of publications and patents.
BS-MS Dual Degree Program:
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Data Science
- Earth & Climate Sciences/ Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Economic Sciences
- Engineering Sciences (Chemical Engineering, Data Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Engineering)
- Geological Sciences
- Physical Sciences
BS# Degree Program:
- # Four-year BS program in Engineering Sciences and Economics only at IISER Bhopal.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2022 or 2023 are eligible to apply for admissions. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through following three channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) Channel
- These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and IAT, respectively
- Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
- Candidates seeking admission through this channel must appear for a computer-based IISER Aptitude Test(IAT-2023).
- IAT-2023 will be conducted on Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 9:00 AM, at various centres across the country.
- The KVPY-SA-2021 students who have received the provisional KVPY fellowship award are eligible to apply for admissions.
- Candidates in the extended KVPY merit list are not eligible.
- Candidates seeking admission under this channel do not have to appear for IAT-2023.
- Candidates seeking admission under JEE channel should have qualified in the JEE (Advanced) in the year 2023, AND should have a rank within 15000 in the common rank list or in the respective category rank lists (GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD).
- Those who qualified JEE (Advanced) in any year other than 2023 are not eligible.
- Candidates with JEE (Advanced) preparatory ranks are not eligible.
- Candidates seeking admission under this channel do not have to appear for IAT-2023
- Rs.2,000/- for candidates applying under General, EWS, and OBC-NCL categories.
- Rs.1,000/- for candidates applying under persons with disabilities, persons registered as Kashmiri migrants and SC/ST category.
- USD 100 for foreign nationals.
- Application fee is non-refundable
Seat acceptance Fee:
- Seat Acceptance Fee is to be paid only after an offer of admission has been made to the candidate.
- Rs. 35,000/- (Rs.25,000/- + Rs. 10,000/- (Non refundable administrative fee)) for General/EWS/OBC-NCL categories
- Rs.17,500/- (Rs.12,500/- + Rs. 5000/- (Non refundable administrative fee)) for SC/ST categories.
- Failure to deposit the SAF within the stipulated time will result in the cancellation of the oﬀer. Furthermore, you will not be considered in any subsequent rounds of seat allotment during admission 2023
- Once you register in your allotted IISER, this amount will be adjusted against your ﬁrst semester fee.
Mode of Application: Online
|Application Portal opens for applications||April 15, 2023||April 15, 2023||TBA|
|Last date for online applications||May 25, 2023||May 25, 2023||TBA|
|Corrections in application form||May 28, 2023 11:00 AM to May 29, 2023 5:00 PM||TBA|
|Release of Hall Ticket for IAT||June 10, 2023||Not Applicable|
|IISER Aptitude Test||June 17, 2023||Not Applicable|
|Upload of student’s response form||June 17, 2023||Not Applicable|
|Display of answer keys||June 17, 2023||Not Applicable|
|Portal opens to file objections||June 20, 2023||Not Applicable|
|Last date to file objections||June 22, 2023||Not Applicable|
|Display of final answer keys||June 30, 2023||Not Applicable|
|IAT result publication||July 3, 2023||Not Applicable|
|Portal opens to upload documents and freeze IISER preferences||July 4, 2023 to July 7, 2023|
|First round of admission offers||July 15, 2023|