Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) 2020 Exam Date Released
The Hon’ble Supreme Court in TMA Pai Foundation Vs. the State (2002) 8 SCC 481, Islamic Academy of Education Vs. the State reported in (2003) 6 SCC 697 and PA Inamdar Vs. the State of Maharashtra reported in (2005) 6 SCC 537 held that all institutions imparting same or similar professional education can join together for holding a common entrance test satisfying the triple tests of being fair, transparent and non-exploitative.
The following shall be the eligibility criteria for Engineering and Architecture courses.
Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech):
- The candidates should have passed second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with English as one of the languages and obtained a minimum of 45% Marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Biology/ Electronics/ Computer (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) and should have passed these subjects individually.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
- The candidates should have passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with atleast 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) and also atleast 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) or passed 10+3 Diploma examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with atleast 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) and should have passed these subjects individually.
- All the candidates (including SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) seeking admission to B.Arch shall pass the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture or JEE Paper – 2. Qualification in NATA is subject to the candidate getting at least cut-off marks in two individual components and also getting at least the qualifying marks in aggregate.
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course
- Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application for participation in the Counseling.
|Date of Examination||Sunday 10th May 2020|