- The Common University Entrance Test (CUET) is being introduced for admission into all UG Programmes in all Central Universities for academic session 2023-23 under the Ministry of Education, (MoE).
- The Common University Entrance Test (CUET) will provide a common platform and equal opportunities to candidates across the country, especially those from rural and other remote areas and help establish better connect with the Universities.
- A single Examination will enable the Candidates to cover a wide outreach and be part of the admissions process to various Central Universities.
List of Universities under CUET 2023: Click Here
- For appearing in the CUET (UG) – 2023, there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed the class 12/equivalent examination or are appearing in 2023 irrespective of their age can appear in CUET (UG) – 2023 examination. However, the candidates will be required to fulfill the age criteria (if any) of the University/ Institution/ Organization in which they are desirous of taking admission.
List of Qualifying Examinations (QE):
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/ State Board, such as the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or any foreign country is recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/ Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed the Class 12 (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 Examination.
- In case the Class 12 Examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination:
- For year of appearance in Class 12/ equivalent examination, relavant conditions of Universities/ Institutions (as applicable) will be applied. The candidate must ensure his eligibility from the website of respective Universities/ Institutions.
- For admission in Universities through CUET (UG) – 2023 , the existing policies regarding quota, category, relaxation, reservations, qualification, subject combinations, preferences etc. of the respective University/ Institution/ Organization shall be applicable.
- As the eligibility criteria for admission may be unique for every University, the candidates are advised to visit the University website to which they are applying for their respective programs.
- Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the eligibility criteria laid down by the University they are applying to.
- Mere appearance in the Entrance Test or securing pass marks at the test does not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the Programme unless he/ she fulfils the Programme wise eligibility conditions of the University they are applying to.
Mode of Application: Online
For Applying: Click Here
|No. of subjects||Centres in India||Centres outside India|
|General India (UR)||OBC-(NCL)/ EWS||SC/ ST/ PwBD/ Third gender|
|Up to 03 subjects||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 650/-||Rs. 3750/-|
|Up to 07 subjects||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 1400/-||Rs. 1300/-||Rs. 7500/-|
|Up to 10 subjects||Rs. 1750/-||Rs. 1650/-||Rs. 1550/-||Rs. 11000/-|
Mode of Exam: Online
|Section||Subjects/ Tests||Questions to be Attempted|
|Section 1A – Languages||There are 13 different languages. Any of these languages may be chosen.||40 questions to be attempted out of 50 in each language.|
|Section 1B – Languages||There are 20 Languages. Any of these languages may be chosen.|
|Section 2 – Domain||There are 27 Domains specific subjects being offered under this section. A candidate may choose any subject as desired by the applicable University/ Universities||35/40 Questions to be attempted out of 45/50.|
|Section 3 – General Test||For any such undergraduate programme/ programmes being offered by Universities where a General Test is being used for admission.||50 Questions to be attempted out of 60|
1. From the above subjects/ languages, the candidate can choose maximum of 10 subjects from all three Sections.
2. Examination will be conducted on multiple days in three shifts, depending on the number of Candidates and Subject choices.
|Online Submission of Application Form||09 February to 12 March 2023
(up to 09:00 P.M.)
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking/UPI||12 March 2023
(up to 11:50 P.M.)
|Correction in Particulars||15 March to 18 March 2023
(Up to 11:50 P.M.)
|Announcement of the City of Examination||30 April 2023|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from the NTA website||Second week of the May 2023|
|Date of Examination||21 May 2023 to 31 May 2023
(Reserve dates: 01 to 07 June 2023)
|Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys||To be announced later on the website|
|Declaration of Result on the NTA website||To be announced later on the website|