National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2018 Notification Released
What is NEST?
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country.
- Candidates must qualify all four eligibility criteria listed below:
- Candidates in General and OBC category should be born on or after August 01, 1998. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
- Class XII qualifying examination should be passed in either 2016 or 2017. Candidates appearing in 2018 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
- At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%.
- Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
Registration/ Online application opens
January 01, 2018 (6:00 pm) [First Monday of January]
Online application closes
|March 05, 2018 (midnight) [First Monday of March]|
|Download of admit card starts||
April 25, 2018, 10:00 am
Date of examination
|June 02, 2018 (Saturday), 10:00 am – 1:00 pm [First Saturday of June]|
|Announcement of results on NEST website||
June 18, 2018 [Third Monday of June]
Mode of Exam: Online
Application Fee: The application fee for the male candidates of General and OBC categories is Rs. 1,000/-. The application fee for candidates in the SC/ST/PwD categories and for all female candidates is Rs. 500/-.
- The question paper will consist of 5 (five) sections of objective (MCQ) type questions.
- Section 1 is the general section and is of 30 marks.
- There will be no negative marking in the general section.
- Sections 2 through 5 are of 50 marks each and will contain subject specific questions from Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- Candidates are permitted to attempt as many subject sections as they wish.
- However, only the best three subject scores along with the score in the general section will be counted for evaluation and merit list preparation.
- The questions are designed to test candidates’ subject comprehension and analytic ability. In the subject sections, for certain questions there will be negative marking for incorrect answers.
For further details: http://myrank.co.in/notifications/notification.php?notice_id=193