Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) 2020 Notification Released
- The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is an all India Institution declared as Deemed to be University. Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2020-21 will be made on the basis of a Computer based Online Test conducted by BITS, Pilani. This test will be referred to as ‘BITS Admission Test – 2020’, in short as BITSAT-2020.
at BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus:
B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and
M.Sc.: General Studies.
at BITS, Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus:
B.E.: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
at BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus:
B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics
- For admission to all the above programmes except B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2020 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2019 are only eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2020 test
- Rs. 3300/- (Three thousand three hundred + Taxes) for male candidates.
- Rs. 2800/- (Two thousand eight hundred + Taxes) for female candidates.
- If a candidate chooses Dubai as a test center the application fee for both male and female candidates will be same and will be US $90.
Mode of Application:
- Candidates should apply to the BITSAT-2020 in Online mode only.
Exam Slot Booking:
- Candidate should choose their exam date in the official website from 10th April to 18th April 2020
Mode of Exam: Online
- There will be a negative mark of 1 for every wrong answer
- Test Duration: 180 mins
|Part – I||Physics||40||120|
|Part – II||Chemistry||40||120|
|Part – III||(a) English Proficiency||15||45|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10||30|
|Part – IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45||135|
- Admissions will be made purely on merit based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2020.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers:
- First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2020 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice irrespective of their BITSAT-2020 score
|Online registration starts for BITSAT-2020||13-01-2020|
|Last date to apply for BITSAT-2020||31st March 2020 (5.00pm)|
|Revision/Editing in the application form by candidates||1st – 06th April 2020|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||09th April 2020|
|Candidates to reserve Test date and slot||10th April – 18th April 2020|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions||20th April – 12th May 2020|
|BITSAT Online Tests||16th May – 25th May 2020|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||18th May 2020 – 18th June 2020|
|Admit List and Wait List announcement (Iteration 1)||20th June 2020|