- National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai.
- Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. NEST 2022 will be conducted in around 115 cities cities across India.
- Candidates in the Unreserved and OBC categories must have been born on or after August 01, 2002. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Divyangjan candidates.
- Class XII qualifying examination must have passed in either 2020 or 2021. Candidates appearing in 2022 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
- At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Divyangjan candidates, the minimum requirement is 55%.
- Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
Mode Of Application: Online
For Applying: Click Here
- For Male candidates of General and OBC category: Rs. 1200/-
- For Female candidates of all categories and SC/ ST/ Divyangjan candidates: Rs. 600/-
Mode Of Exam: Online
- In the NEST 2022 examination, there are four sections of 50 marks each.
- NEST 2022 entrance examination will be conducted in two sessions and different sets of question papers will be used for each session. The percentile score will be calculated on the basis of the relative performance of all the qualified candidates in the respective session. The highest score in each session will be 100th percentile.
- Merit lists for NISER and CEBS will be prepared separately.
- During preparation of the merit list, the three best scores from the four sections will be considered. In other words, the worst score among the four sections would be discarded for the merit list calculation.
- As merit list calculation will be performed on marks obtained in the best three sections, the ‘total’ marks for NEST 2022 becomes 150.
|Registration/ Online application opens||21st of February, 2022|
|Online application closes||18th of May, 2022 (midnight)|
|Download of admit card starts||06th of June, 2022|
|Date of examination||18th of June 2022|
|Announcement of results on NEST website||05th of July, 2022|