National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2020 Notification Released
- National Entrance Screening Test (NEST).It is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai
- NEST is a compulsory test for admission to the five year Integrated MSc programme in basic sciences.Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS are autonomous institutions established by Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India, in 2007
- NISER is an off-campus centre of Homi habha National Institute (HBNI) and all academic programmes of NISER are affiliated to HBNI. Although CEBS is a DAE institution, it is physically located in the Kalina campus of University of Mumbai and the degrees to students are awarded by Mumbai University.
- NISER and CEBS are residential institutes equipped with state of art teaching and research laboratories, modern computational facilities, computer centres and excellent libraries
- Five years Msc Integrated Program (for both MPC & BIPC)
- MSc Biology
- MSc Physics
- MSc Chemistry
- MSc Mathematics
- Candidates seeking admission to NISER and UM–DAE CEBS for the Integrated MSc programme 2020–25 should be from regular science stream in classes XI and XII, must have passed class XII examination or equivalent from any recognised Board in India in the years 2018 or 2019 or be appearing for the same in 2020.
- Secures at least 60% in aggregate in the XII standard board examination. For SC/ST/PwD students the requirement is 55%.
- candidates belonging to scheduled castes (SC), scheduled tribes (ST) and Divyangjan categories, the minimum requirement of marks is relaxed to 55% in aggregate. Where only letter grades are available, a certificate from the concerned Board specifying equivalent percentage of marks is required to be submitted. In absence of such a certificate, the decision of the admissions committee of the concerned institution will be final.
- General and OBC category candidates born on or after August 01, 2000 are eligible for admission to the integrated MSc programme of NISER/CEBS.
- The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC / ST / Divyangjan candidates.
|Divyangjan||5% seats in each category||5% seats in each category|
|Total proposed intake||200||57|
Mode of Application: Online
|General / OBC||1,200/–|
|SC / ST||600/–|
|Note: For Female Candidate fees will be 600/–|
Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Part-1||General||30 Marks||Compulsory paper |
but NO Negetive Marking*
|Part-2||Mathematics||50 Marks||choose Any 3 PARTS|
|3 Hours duration||Total Marks= 30+50*3=180|
- Test Centres for NEST 2020. Click the below given button for details about test centers.
- Admissions will be done based on National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) Exam score.
- The candidates admitted to the programme are eligible to receive annual scholarship of 60,000 through DISHA program of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.In addition, the scholarship recipients receive grant of 20,000 per annum for summer internship.
|Start of Online application for NEST 2020||January 07, 2020|
|Closing of Online application||April 03, 2020|
|Download of Admit Card begins||April 24, 2020|
|NEST 2020 examination||June 06, 2020
(Hours of examination: 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM & 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM)
|Announcement of results on NEST website||June 16, 2020|