- The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG (Undergraduate) is an entrance examination in India, for students who wish to join in any graduate Medical courses (Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy) in government or private medical colleges in India including AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
- Indian Citizens/Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses from a foreign (Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy) Institute need to qualify NEET (UG).
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG)-2023.
- He/ she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/ her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Courses.
The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL category and PwD Candidates.
**How ever The candidates above 25 years are also provisionally permitted to appear and their candidature is subject to the outcome of pending Petitions before the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
|For Candidates of General (UR)/ General-EWS||born on or before
|For Candidates of SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL/ PwD Category|
- The Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study are eligible to apply NEET-2023. Candidates whose result is awaited are also eligible to apply NEET-2023.
- CODE 01: A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12th Standard in 2023, whose result is awaited.
- CODE 02: The Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to class 12 Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- CODE 03: The Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology (which shall include practical test in these subjects) and also English as a compulsory subject.
Qualifications and Qualifying Examination Codes:
Mode of Application: Online Only
|General||General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Outside India (Fee in Rs)|
|Rs.1700/- (INR)||Rs.1600/- (INR)||Rs.1000/- (INR)||Rs.9500/- (INR)|
Documents to be Uploaded:
Candidate should have scanned images in JPG/ JPEG format only, for uploading as part of submission of his/her online application:
- Latest Passport size Photograph in JPG format (size: 10 kb to 200 kb)
- Post Card size photograph (“4X6”) in JPG format (Size: 10 kb – 200 kb)
- The photographs must be taken on or after 01.01.2023 preferably indicating clearly the name of candidate along with the date of taking the photograph.
- Signature in JPG format (size: 4 kb to 30 kb) [Preferably in Black Ink]
- All the Left & Right Hand Index fingers and Thumb impressions. in JPG format (file size: 10 kb to 200 kb) [In Blue Ink]
- Class X passed certificate in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
- Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.) in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300kb)
- PwBD certificate in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
- Citizenship Certificate/ Embassy Certificate or any Documentary proof of Citizenship certificate in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
- The NTA will provide the facility of downloading Admit Cards of NEET (UG)-2023 on the NTA website
- Candidate should affix a photograph on Admit card
Mode of Exam: Pen and Paper Based Only
|Sl No||Subject(s)||Section(s)||No. Of Question(s)||Mark(s)*
*(Each Question Carries 04 (Four) Marks)
|Duration: 200 minutes (03 hours 20 Minutes)|
|Note: Correct option marked will be given (4) marks and Incorrect option marked will be minus one (-1) mark. Unattempted/Unanswered Questions will be given no marks.|
Medium of Question Paper:
|Medium of Question Paper||Examination Centres|
|English||All Examination Centres|
|English and Hindi; Urdu||All Examination Centres in India|
|English, Hindi and Assamese; Urdu||Examination Centres in Assam|
|English, Hindi and Bengali; Urdu||Examination Centres in West Bengal, Tripura and Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|English, Hindi and Gujarati; Urdu||Examination Centres in Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|English, Hindi and Kannada; Urdu||Examination Centres in Karnataka|
|English, Hindi and Malayalam; Urdu||Examination Centres in Kerala and Lakshadweep|
|English, Hindi and Marathi; Urdu||Examination Centres in Maharashtra|
|English, Hindi and Odia; Urdu||Examination Centres in Odisha|
|English, Hindi and Punjabi; Urdu||Examination Centres in Punjab, Chandigarh, and Delhi/ New Delhi (including Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Meerut, Noida/Greater Noida)|
|English, Hindi and Tamil; Urdu||Examination Centres in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|English, Hindi and Telugu; Urdu||Examination Centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|English and Urdu||All Examination Centres in India|