National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG 2021 Notification Released
- He/ she has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Course.
Accordingly, the lower age limit shall as under:
For Candidates of General (UR)/ General-EWS born on or before 31.12.2004 For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwBD Category
- The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL category and PwBD Candidates.
- Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
Criteria for NRI/ OCI/ Foreign Nationals:
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/ Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions and Government of India, as the case may be. The NRI and OCI Applicants/ Candidates have to upload a Certificate from the concerned Indian Diplomatic Mission in the country of their residence in support of their claim as an NRI/ OCI Candidate, along with their online application form for NEET (UG) 2021 and retain the original of such document for producing it at the time of Counselling/ Admission to the Courses covered under NEET (UG). Similarly, a foreign applicant for NEET (UG) 2021 shall also upload Documentary Proof (e.g. relevant pages of a valid passport or a Certificate from Competent Authority in the country of his/her nationality regarding his/ her citizenship status) in support of his/ her Nationality, along with online application form. The Embassy Certificate and Citizenship Certificate or any Documentary proof of Citizenship are given in Annexure – XIV A and XIV B.
- Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/ Dental/ College/State.
- Eligibility of OCI cardholders for NEET (UG):
The Ministry of Home Affairs vide Notification dated 4th March 2021 specified the rights to which an OCI cardholder shall be entitled under the Citizenship Act, 1955. Clause (4) (ii) of the said Notification reads as under:
“(4) parity with Non-Resident Indians in the matter of,- (ii) appearing for the all India entrance tests such as National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, Joint Entrance Examination (Mains), Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) or such other tests to make them eligible for admission only against any Non-Resident Indian seat or any supernumerary seat:
Provided that the OCI cardholder shall not be eligible for admission against any seat reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.”
The above Notification provides the following Explanation:
“The OCI Cardholder (including a PIO card holder) is a foreign national holding passport of a foreign country and is not a citizen of India.”
Similarly, the PIO cardholder and foreign nationals shall not be eligible for admission against any seat reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.
Mode of Application: Online
|Category of Candidate||In India (Fee in ₹)||Outside India (Fee in ₹)|
|General||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 7500/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*||Rs. 1400/-|
|SC/ST/PwBD/Third Gender||Rs. 800/-|
|Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
For Applying: Click Here
Mode of Exam: Offline (Pen and Paper)
- The Test pattern of NEET (UG)-2021 comprises of two Sections.
- Each subject will consist of two sections. Section A will consist of 35 Questions and Section B will have 15 questions, out of these 15 Questions, candidates can choose to attempt any 10 Questions.
- So, the total number of questions and utilization of time will remain the same.
|Sl.No||Subjects (S)||Section (S)||No. of Question (S)||Mark (S)*
*(Each Question Carries 04 (Four) Marks)
|Note: Correct option marked will be given (4) marks and Incorrect option marked will be minus one (-1) mark.
Unattempted/ Unanswered Questions will be given no marks.
Medium of the Question Papers:
|Schedule of Examination|
|Online Submission of Application Form through Website||13th July 2021 to 6th August 2021 (upto 11:50 PM)|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/ Debit Card/NetBanking/ UPI/ Paytm Wallet||7th August 2021 (upto 11:50 PM)|
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form on the website only||8th August 2021 to 12th August 2021|
|Announcement of the City of Examination||20th August 2021|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||To be released 03 days before the Examination|
|Date of Examination||12th September 2021 (Sunday)|
|Duration of Examination||180 minutes (03 hours)|
|Timing of Examination||02:00 PM to 05:00 PM (IST)|