NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY & NAVAL ACADEMY EXAMINATION (I), 2020
- National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination, 2020 is the exam for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA.
- National Defence Academy is a premier joint training institution and center of excellence for grooming junior leaders for the Indian armed forces and armed forces of Friendly Foreign Countries.
- The National Defence Academy is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to respective service academies for further pre-commissioning training.
The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under:
|National Defence Academy||370 (208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air Force including 28 for ground Duties)|
(10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)
Nationality : A candidate must be unmarried male and must be
- A citizen of India,
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
- Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July,
2001 and not later than 1st July, 2004 are eligible.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent
examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian
6 Naval Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I)
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
- Registration for the exam will be take two parts, Part-I and Part-II. Candiadtes should complete both the two parts.
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in
Mode of Application: Online
Application Fee: 100/- (excepting SC/ ST candidates/ Sons of JCOs/ NCOs/ ORs)
|General Ability Test
|Agartala|| Ahmedabad|| Aizawl|| Allahabad|| Bengaluru|| Bareilly|| Bhopal|
|Chandigarh|| Chennai|| Cuttack|| Dehradun|| Delhi||Dharwad|| Dispur |
|Hyderabad|| Imphal|| Itanagar|| Jaipur|| Jammu|| Jorhat|| Kochi|
|Lucknow|| Madurai|| Mumbai|| Nagpur|| Panaji (Goa)|| Patna|| Port Blair|
|Ranchi|| Sambalpur|| Shillong|| Shimla|| Srinagar|| Thiruvananthapuram|| Tirupati|
|Udaipur ||Vishakhapatnam ||Gangtok|| Kohima ||Kolkata ||Raipur|
Note: Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the
number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except
Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur. Allotment of Centres will be
on the first-apply-first-allot basis and once the capacity of a
particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants,
who cannot get a centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be
required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants
are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get
a Centre of their choice.
|Start of Online Application For NDA 2020
|Closing of Online application
|NDA 2020 Examination
||19th April, 2020
|Download of Admit Card begins
||e-Admit Card will be downloded
three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
|Announcement of results on NDA 2020 website
||In the month of JUNE, 2020