National Aptitude Test in Architecture- NATA 2020 Notification Released
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA). NATA is conducted by (COA) Council of Architecture which is a body of Council of Architecture, New Delhi in India (Minimum Standards of Architectural Education).
- NATA is the only Common Aptitude Test for admissions into 5 years B.Arc(Architecture) Degree Course at all recognized Institutions all over country.
- The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is also set to be conducted twice a year from this academic session onward. Candidates may opt for the first or second examination or both as per their choice. Appearing in second test is not mandatory for the applicants of first test. However, candidates desirous of appearing in either of the tests, can exercise their option by filling in the application appropriately.
Why NATA ?
- The purpose of conducting NATA is to provide a single scheme of examination for holding aptitude test and to facilitate prospective students all over the country to apply for admissions in architecture.NATA measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
- Architecture should be conducted and such test should not be combined with the tests for admissions to Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine and other disciplines.
- As per the Minimum Standards of Architectural Education Regulations, qualifying in an aptitude test in Architecture is mandatory for admission to B.Arch. degree course.
- First year of B.Arch. course: Qualified through the recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2020. Secured 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level examination.
- Those appearing the 10+2 exam with PCM subjects in the current year may also provisionally appear in the exam, however, their result in NATA-2020 will be declared valid subject to fulfilling the above criteria.
- Candidates may note that no direct lateral admission is allowed at any other year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification.
Mode of Application: Online
- A candidate applying for NATA- 2020 (either first test or second test) has to pay INR 2,000/- (Irrespective of his/her gender)
- In case the Candidate wishes to appear for both first and second test 3,800/- (Irrespective of his/her gender)
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category need to deposit Rs 1,700/- for either first or second test and Rs 3,100/- for appearing in both the tests through online mode.
- Candidates opting to appear from test centres outside the territory of India have to deposit Rs.10,000/- for either first or second test and Rs. 18,000/- for appearing in both the tests through online mode.
- For each Applicant, an Admit Card will be generated according to the schedule notified indicating the allotted Examination Centre for NATA – 2020 and a downloadable version of the admit card will be published on the respective webpage of the candidate concerned.
Mode of Exam: Online
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Drawing (3 Questions)||2 x 35
1 x 55
|PCM (15 Questions carrying 1.5 marks each)||15 x 1.5||22.5|
|General Aptitude& Logical Reasoning (35 Questions carrying 1.5 marks each)||35 x 1.5||52.5|
|There is no negative marking||TOTAL||200|
- Admissions will be based on the performance of the candidate in the NATA -2020 Entrance Exam.
Candidates may opt for the first or second examination or both as per their choice. Appearing in second test is not mandatory for the applicants of first test. However, candidates desirous of appearing in either of the tests, can exercise their option by filling in the application appropriately.
- For First Test Scheduled to be held on 19.04.2020
|Activity||Date (with time)|
|Availability of information in the public domain||From 1st February 2020|
|Start of Online form fill-up||From 1st February 2020|
|End of registration||16th March 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Image uploads allowed till||20th March 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Fee payment allowed till||20th March 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Confirmation page printing available till||23rd March 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Candidate Correction window||21st March 2020 (10:30 AM) to 23rd March 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Publication of Downloadable Admit Card||4th April 2020|
|Date and Time of Examination||19th April 2020 (10 AM to 01:15PM)|
|Publication of Results||8th May 2020|
- For Second Test Scheduled to be held on 31.05.2020
|Start of Online form fill-up||From 1st February, 2020|
|End of registration||4th May 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Image uploads allowed till||8th May 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Fee payment allowed till||8th May 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Confirmation page printing available till||11th May 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Candidate Correction window||9th May 2020 (10:30 AM) to 11th May 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Publication of Downloadable Admit Card||21stMay 2020|
|Date and Time of Examination||31stMay 2020 (10 AM to 01:15 PM)|
|Publication of Results||14th June 2020|