JAWAHARLAL INSTITUTE OF POST-GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH (JIPMER)-JULY SESSION 2020 PG Notification Released
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Spread over a sprawling 195 acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry (formerly Pondicherry), JIPMER is 170 kms. by road from Chennai.
- Indian Nationals (IN):-
- Applicant must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
- Foreign Nationals (FN):-
- Foreign Nationals candidates are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. All Foreign Nationals will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute. An advance copy of the application and copy of request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications. In the events of selection, the candidate has to apply for temporary registration with the medical council of India for the duration of postgraduate study.
- The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 31st December 2019/li>
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
- For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate
- For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate as provided in (i) and (ii) for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
Mode of Application: Online
- General (UR)/ OCI/ SPONSORED: Rs.1,600 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OBC: Rs.1,600 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST: Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- FOREIGN NATIONAL: Rs.3,000 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OPH/ PwD: Exempted From Application Fees
Mode of Exam: Online
Exam Cities for Entrance Examination:
||No. of Questions
|Basic Clinical Sciences:
(Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology).
(Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio diagnosis, Radio therapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine).
|On-line Registration Starts from
|On-line Registration closes on
Examination July Session
|First Counseling (Tentative)
|Date of Closing admission