indian institute of craft and design(IICD Jaipur Entrance Test) 2020 Notification
- Indian Institute of Crafts & Design (IICD Jaipur Entrance Test) 2020 is an academic institution located in Jaipur, India offering undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in areas of Craft Design.
- IICD was first registered as Institute of Crafts, Jaipur on 20th April 1995by the Registrar of Societies, Rajasthan, Jaipur under Rajasthan Societies Registration Act 1958. On 27th April 1998 its name was changed as Indian Institute of Crafts and Design, Rajasthan, Jaipur under section 12 of the said Act. The first batch of post graduate students was started in 1999 along with a Girl’s Hostel at Jawahar Nagar, Jaipur.
- 4 Year Integrated Bachelors Programme (Integrated B. Voc+ CFPD.) Design Courses:
- Fired Material Design
- Soft Material Design
- Hard Material Design
- Fashion Design
- 10+2 from a recognized board of education.
- Students appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
Mode of Application: Online
- For Indian Candidates is Rs.1,750/-
- For NRI/ Foreign National Candidates is Rs.3500/-
Mode of Exam:Weightage of the Tests/Interview as follows:
|a. General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test||35%|
|b. Material, Color & Conceptual Test||45%|
|c. Personal Interview||20%|
a. General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test:
Test is designed to evaluate the abilities and interests in students, such as estimation of sizes and proportion, observation, synthesis and visual interpretation and general awareness.
b. Material, Color & Conceptual Test:
This test will assess the following abilities:
- Intelligent use of materials, conceptualize and realize a 3 dimensional form, skill of handling material.
- To observe, think and expand ideas, create solution based on a plan and strategy.
- Ability to provide multiple solutions to the given problem with written description.
Material required for Material, Color & Conceptual Test: Candidates must bring pens, pencils (HB, 2B, 4B & 6B), scissor, scale, cello tape, paper cutter, fevistick, eraser, compass, color pencils/dry pastels/water color, brushes etc.
To evaluate the individual personality in the prospective candidates:
- Aptitude to crafts
- Intelligence quotient (IQ)
- Communication Ability
- General Awareness about Crafts & Design
- Overall Personal Achievements in academics and co-curricular activities.
Portfolio – It is advisable to bring a few samples of your creative work for display during the interview, to allow others to understand your capabilities. It could be anything that you have done by yourself. Sketching, painting, embroidery, photography, worked with material, or have written anything creative, narrative etc.
Admission Guidelines for Foreign Nationals/ NRI Category:
The Foreign Nationals / NRI candidates seeking admission to IICD must have qualifications similar or equivalent to that required for Indian Candidates. The candidates selected under this category would need to obtain a valid residential permit or student visa for the prescribed duration of the programme and / or any other condition required as per the law of Government of India. They are required to:
- Submit statement of purpose
- Send Digital Portfolio of your creative work samples, latest by 10th April 2020 to email@example.com.
- Appear for a skype interview, the date of which will be intimated by 17th April 2020.
The medium of instruction at IICD is English and all aspiring applicants are expected to possess working knowledge of the English language. Valid IELTS/TOEFL score need to be submitted.
Reservation of Seats:
The reservation policy is as per UGC norms. Generally, percentages of categories for admission in IICD are as follows:
- For OBC – 27%
- For ST – 15%
- For SC – 7.5%
- For PH – 3%.
|Availability of Online Application Forms||20th December 2019, Friday|
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form||20th March 2020, Friday, by 4:00PM|
|Admit Card issued latest by||1 April 2020, Wednsday|
|Entrance Tests will be conducted in two parts, i.e.,
Part A – General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test and
Part B – a. Material, Color & Conceptual Test, b. Personal Interview
|Entrance Test (Part A): General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test. To be conducted at 14 centers
(Bhopal, Chennai, Chandigarh, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jammu, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur, Udaipur)
|12th April 2020 (Sunday) (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|Declaration of Result of Entrance Test (Part A) & Test date of Part B for the shortlisted candidates will be announced on IICD website||22nd April 2020, Thursday, after 4:00 PM|
|Entrance Test (Part B) at IICD, Jaipur
a. Material, Color & Conceptual Test (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
b. Personal Interview (2:00 PM onwards)
|Any one day between 1st June 2020 (Monday) to 7th June 2020 (Sunday) (Only for shortlisted candidates as per list declared on 22nd April 2020 on IICD website)|
|Declaration of Result: 1st List of successful candidates||10th June 2020, Wednesday|
|Fee Submission (1st List)||15th June 2020 Monday onwards|
|Declaration of Result: 2nd List of successful candidates||22nd June 2020, Monday after 4:00 pm|
|Reporting date and time for Registration and Document verification||1st July 2020, Wednesday (10:00 AM to 01:00 PM)|