Admission of ‘Wards of Insure Persons’ (IPs) in UG Course (MBBS/ BDS) in ESIC Medical/ Dental & Some Government Medical Colleges under ‘Insured Persons (IPs) Quota’ for Academic Session 22021 – 22
- ESI Corporation, a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament, i.e. ESI Act [Act No. 34] of 1948 subsumed in Social Security Code 2020, under the administrative control of Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India, has started Medical Education Institutions in the country at large.
- The approved provisional policy and procedure for admission to under graduate (MBBS/ BDS) Courses in ESIC Medical Education Institutions, provides for ‘Insured Persons (IPs) Quota)’ after allocation to “All India Quota” and the “State Government Quota”
- ‘Wards of Insured persons’ under ESI Scheme who meet the laid down eligibility criteria and have qualified in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG)-2021 [NEET (UG)-2021] can apply for admission to UG course (MBBS/ BDS) in ESIC Medical/Dental Colleges and some Government Medical Colleges under ‘Insured Persons Quota’ for academic session 2021-22 as per admission policy and procedure approved by the Government of India/ ESI Corporation.
- Provisional number of MBBS/ BDS seats under ‘Insured person Quota’ is as under.
Name – Medical College (125) annual MBBS seats) Insured Person (IP) Quota – No. of Seats 1. ESIC Medical College Faridabad, Haryana 43 2. ESIC Medical College Joka, Kolkata, WB 65 3. ESIC Medical College K.K.Nagar, Chennai, TN 25 4. ESIC Medical College Rajajinagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 56 5. ESIC Medical College Gulbarga, Karnataka 56 6. ESIC Medical College Sanathnagar, Hyderabad 43 7. Government Medical College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu* 20 8. Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Medical College, Ner Chowk ,Mandi, Himachal Pradesh* 36 9. Government Medical College, Kollam, at Paripally* 38 Total 382
Note: *Infrastructure of erstwhile proposed ESIC Colleges at serial No.(7) to (9) has been transferred to respective State Governments to establish and run these colleges. These colleges contribute seats to the ESIC ‘pool’ of seats for ‘Insured Persons (IPs) Quota’ as per terms of MoU for transfer of these colleges. The numbers are as conveyed by the colleges.
ESIC Dental College (62 annual BDS seats) Insured Persons (IPs) Quota – No. of Seats 1. Gulbarga, Karnataka 28 Total 28
The reservation in r/o of the above seats would be as per extant Central Government guidelines in the matter.
Mechanism for filling up of ‘Insured Persons Quota’ (erstwhile ESIC Management Quota):
- Available seats of ‘Insured Persons Quota’ in various States will be pooled on ‘All India Basis’ and allotted, amongst the wards of Insured persons (IPs).
- The ‘guiding principles’ for filling up of ‘Insured Persons Quota’ will be as under:-
- Reservation policy of Central Government for SC/ST/OBC/PH/EWS etc. will be followed for allotment of seats
- Candidates seeking admission under ‘Insured Persons Quota’ will have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:<
- a) Minimum eligibility criteria for admission will be as per MCI/ NMC regulations.
- b) Applicant must have a valid “Ward of Insured Person” Certificate, issued by concerned Regional Director/SRO I/C. [Annexure – 3(A); or 3(B) for PDB/DB cases].
- c) The selection and admission to MBBS seats in any Medical Institution recognized for running MBBS Courses as per Indian Medical Council Act 1956 subsumed into The National Medical Commission Act, 2019, is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, medical fitness and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the Universities etc. In event of any difference in criteria of MCI/ NMC and Affiliating University etc., the higher criteria will prevail.
- Applicants are advised to refer to the websites of the Affiliating Universities, i.e. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) for ESIC colleges in Karnataka; West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) for ESIC college in West Bengal; The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University (TNMGRMU) for ESIC/ (State) Government Medical college in Tamil Nadu; and Pt. BD Sharma University of Health Sciences for ESIC college in Haryana, Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS), for ESIC college in Telangana; and Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla; Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS) for Government medical colleges in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh and Paripally, Kollam, Kerala respectively, for further information.
- Methodology for filling up of Insured Persons (IPs) Quota for 2021-22 – (ref. Para of Annexure-1) – Candidates will be allotted seats, based on their ‘merit cum preference of Institution, through a centralized ‘on-line’ counseling to be conducted by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) for the ‘Insured Persons Quota’ as per schedule provided on their website www.mcc.nic.in
- Candidates are requested to check the ESIC (www.esic.nic.in) and DGHS (www.mcc.nic.in) web-site regularly for further details.
List of Enclosures to be carried along-with, with self attested photocopies, for Completion of Admission process at the concerned Medical College, ESIC or otherwise, after allotment of seat:
- ESIC Pehchan card
- Secondary School Certificate which must bear Date of Birth or Birth Certificate.
- Senior Secondary School certificate (+2). Provisional if final has not been issued.
- Admit card for in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-2020 [NEET (UG) – 2021]
- Score card [NEET – 2021] with Rank Position i.e. All India Rank.
- ‘Ward of Insured Person’ Certificate from Competent Authority in original.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH Certificate as applicable; and in the format as per NEET-2021 brochure. The PH certificate would be subject to verification by Competent ESIC Board, if required.
- EWS Certificate by Appropriate Authority
- For FEMALE CANDIDATES ONLY
Affidavit by candidate as per Annexure – 4
Affidavit by IP as per Annexure – 5